Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Starting the job list.

Today was the day that I was left on my own again. Helen has gone home for some work thing that she needs to do and get her hair done and sort the house out etc etc. There are loads of trains go through Berkhamsted station but most don't stop. The station is on a bit of a bend so you get to see the Virgin Pendalinos listing a fair bit. For the cheapest fare Helen headed back into London to Euston and then out to Hull from Kings Cross, and made it home on time.

I got back to the boat and set to with the pallet I had picked up.

The pallet was carried on the roof and now I had to take it to bits as I wanted some of the timber for another project.

I had found a woven bag that I could use as a log store on the bow. I don't really like stuff on the roof so thought this would be a compromise. The bow locker is full of coal and logs and I still had more so the pallet would be cut up to make a small pallet to keep the bag off the deck.

The 'new' pallet fits into the corner and doesn't hinder the door opening.

The rest of the pallet made two bags of kindling.

I made a fatal mistake as I went into the bow locker to sort some logs out when I filled the bag up. I have some newer logs that still need drying so I decided to put them in the bow locker for next year. This then meant that I ended up turfing out the locker and sweeping and cleaning it out before restowing.
The bag is full of logs. I intend to make a cover out of the tarpaulin we found just south of Rickmansworth on the way south. All the other stuff is out of the bow locker which is obviously a bit of a Tardis! I am pleased to say that it all went in again.

Macy didn't make much of it all.

1 comment:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

There can't be anything left to do on your boat, Tony, so best you come and start on ours, mate! M&Dx