Total Pageviews

Sunday 28 September 2014

Back home for a bit.

I was up before the Hurricane came on this morning. Started off okay but after it shut down the first time it gave the short alarm and said to check coolant levels. However with in a short space of time it restarted itself with out me doing anything and then ran perfectly for the rest of the morning that I had it on. I have given up and I have made a proper appointment at Calcutt for next Friday to get it all checked out.

There is a slight bend just before Clifton Cruisers Wharf and the hire boats are moored two abreast. There is therefore only room for one boat. This morning there were loads of boats and there was a bit of a queue forming to get through the pinch point. It was quite fun to watch.

This is where the pinch point is but there are now boats two abreast on the wharf. 'Holderness' is moored right outside the cafe they have on the wharf and it will be very handy for Helen.

Before I left for the station I checked that there was coal, logs etc and that the water was full and just about anything else I could think of. We had put a wash on and so we hung that up before we left for the station. I had to go home as my Mum had gone into day surgery and I was going to make sure she was okay for a few days. I had just told Helen that I had 11 minutes to change at Tamworth when there was an announcement to say my first train was delayed by about 15 minutes! Apparently there was a trespasser on the line and they couldn't proceed until they were clear.

In the end they were about 40 mins late. I got to Tamworth, which is a strange station as there is a low level and high level. I came in on the low level track which is the West Coast Main Line and went out on the cross country line.

An old aerial photo of Tamworth Station.

From Tamworth I was supposed to catch a train to Sheffield. I had missed that connection and the next one through there direct was in 1 hr 45 mins. I managed to get on a train to Derby and from there to Sheffield and got there 45 minutes earlier. In the end I got home an hour later than was scheduled. Therefore, all in all, it wasn't a bad trip as I still beat my Mum out of Hospital.

There are two job lists for me to complete here now so it will be a busy time.

No comments: