Total Pageviews

Friday 28 August 2015

Bits and bobs again.

I slept better last night but that may well because I went out for a couple of pints before bed. I wandered over to the Wellington pub in town. It isn't too far from Cambrian Wharf as it is just past the Town Hall. It is a real ale pub and has 16 beers on at any one time and a few ciders too. I had a Black Country Brewery BFG (Bradley's Finest Golden) which was a nice hoppy beer. One the way back to the boat I remembered that it was open mike night at the Prince of Wales pub that is even closer, as it is just behind the International Conference Centre. I Had a Golden Sheep from Black Sheep Brewery which turned out to be very similar to the BFG. They were late starting on the mike but it was good to have a bit of live music. The pub seemed to have loads of Spanish in so I wonder if there was a Spanish artist on after I left.

This morning I did a few odd jobs like undercoat over the areas I had worked on on the bow, fix the pipework in the calorifier cupboard where I had to replace the motorised valve earlier in the year, get rid of the squeak on my wardrobe door and then took the bristle doormats off the bed box and swept up the loose fibres and washed the top of the box. I also swept out under the steps at the stern and checked out the void space/bilge and found it all dry as usual. I then cleaned up the shifting spanner I had found on the Kennet and Avon.

I went fishing with my magnet one day when I was a little bored and the only thing I found was a Bahco spanner. It was covered in mud and rust and was seized up. A gave it a quick clean and then just placed it in a bottle with diesel in. It has just been sitting there until now. The diesel had worked through and I was able to get it moving and cleaned. I managed to scrap all the accretions off and then wire brushed it up. It looks fine now. Mind you I hope I don't have to use it on anything in anger just yet.

This was the the deck after a coat of anti rust undercoat and then another normal undercoat.

I was going to paint it tomorrow but having consulted the weather forecast I went for it this evening to ensure that it had plenty of time to go off and harden.

Helen is due back tomorrow but not until latter. I will have to go through the boat and make it all spick and span.

No comments: